Thursday 20 September 2007

Of Staff and Illness

Well I'm feeling under the weather at the moment. Got a nasty cold! Claire (my partner) has it as well! Mwahahahaha! Had the day off yesterday because I felt like death-on-a-stick and slept for most of the day!

Anyways, back at work today and Andy and I are trying to wrap up the staff assignments, yes, they are still going on. I sent an email out asking the staff to check what units they can see and to let me know of any problems. Not five minutes after I sent it I get a knock on my door. In this man comes;

"Hi I'm Nick from down the hall"
Wonderful I'm thinking, "Hi, what can I do for you?"
"The email you just sent out, can you pull it up?"
Great, whats the problem with my email? I spell checked it... it was short and to the point... so I pull up the email. He starts to read it to me as if I'm stupid...
"Staff assignments... what assignments?"
"Bt assignments I just mean assigning you to the units you'll be teaching this year."
"Oh, well assignments are things we give to the students ((no shit sherlock...)) so thats a bit confusing."
"Ok, sorry."
Reading the next line he asks where he is suppost to check where his units are.
"In blackboard..." Where they have been for the past two years and will continue to be until they eventually get rid of the bloody system! Where else numbnuts?!
"Well thats not very clear is it?"
"No, I suppose it's not. Very sorry, I'll send out a follow up email to clear up the confusion."
"Thanks! That would be great" I'm sure it would you dim witted idiot. You're suppost to teach people for a degree but you can't put two and two together and think to check what units you can see in the place you have seen them for two years?

Makes my cold worse this stuff... man this is the bitchyest post yet! Anyway... I'm off to try and install Vista Ultimate now... should be fun considering it's going on a box that already has Ubuntu on...