Tuesday 4 September 2007

Of Steam and Skittles

Well this weekend was great. The Great Dorset Steam Fair was visited. Some of you may laugh at the thought of going to a Steam Fair but you shouldn't knock it until you've tried it! Cider was consumed, as were burgers. Then large and possibly dangerous rides were partaken in. All in all Saturday was a great night out. It's all a touch on the expsensive side but the people I went with and I had a bloody great time, definatly revisiting next year. Should be a big one as it will be the 40th GDSF!

Last night was the first skittles match of this years season. After winning every single match last year and moving up a section in the league, my team felt the pressure a little. But we pulled through with a 51 up win! Lets hope that continues through this season, maybe we can go up another section!! For those interested I'll keep you up to date on the wins (and hopefully no losses).

Finally on todays quick update, Widgets again! Haha. I have been seeing about pulling information down from a webpage though a widget recently. Basically we are looking at using a widget to pull down emails from an MS Exchange Server. Not sure if it's possible, going to have to talk to a few people! But we shall see... The problem is that the page I'm pointing it to is Web Outlook which could cause a problem. So I'm going to ask whether there is another source to point it to. Again, I'll keep you up todate. I would show you some widget designs, but I've not gotten very far on them since my Vista install has decided to be really freaking slow and thus stopping me from using Photoshop properlly. Also doesn't help that I don't have a mouse...