Thursday 17 January 2008

Of Web 3 and Digital Camera's

Andy has been looking at Web 3.0 stuff today. He tells me that we are going to move towards online desktops and applications. And that this is a good thing. I disagree at the moment. Broadband speeds are still too unpredictable, some people still don't have it. Until it has been rolled out across the country to everyone and the speeds are reliably in the 4mb region I can't see any practical use for online desktops and and full application suites.

Don't get me wrong, Google Docs and a few others are working very well indeed and they offer fast usage with reliable storage. But what's the point of putting it all together yet? But then I suppose progress has to start somewhere. And who knows, with the push of such things maybe it will make ISPs make their services better.

However, I must report something sad now. My Sony Cybershot DSC-P200 has broken. Somehow the screen has shattered. I shall blame it on Mother. So I've been looking at new camera's today and have pretty much decided upon the DSC-H9. Looks to have everything I want in a decent size gadget. How I am also looking at new phones (LG Viewty). So many things to buy, so little money. But that's an old cry from most of the people isn't it? Peace!