Friday 18 April 2008

Of Future and Work

Good news, found out yesterday that I've had my contract extended until the 31st of August! Which is good, plenty of money over the summer which hopefully means I shall be able to put some money aside to fix my car and go on holiday. I need a holiday.

If I hadn't of gotten the extension then my placement would have finished on the 16th of May. 40 weeks has gone so so quick. Just can't believe it. Ah well, at least they like me enough to keep me on. Hopefully I can play my cards right and get a part timer here next year as well. Then I can avoid places like Tesco and no offence to any one who works there, I already have, and I will not be going back!

The placement site has gone very well. It's pretty much finished now, if not finished. Just a couple of tweaks and rewording here and there. First placement briefing next Tuesday with students so that should be fun. I can show them exactly how useless it is. Nah, it should be fairly useful and if I'm honest I wish DEC had something like it for us. But never mind eh.

Anyways, thought I'd share the good news with the bouncers that come on this site because of my misleading tags and Google's amazing ability to put me on page one of a search.