Monday 19 November 2007

Of Death and PowerPoint


Death by PowerPoint


From: thecroaker, 3 months ago





Fighting death by PowerPoint... How to make a presentation and not to bore your audience to death.


Link: SlideShare Link

As I have been doing presentations recently I thought I would link this. Found on Life Hacker. Makes some very, very good points. Infact I may use some of them to do my next presentation on FireFox. Yes, I have to do one on why the staff at Bournemouth Uni should be using FF instead of IE. Should be fun.

On a personal note, I've been playing three Star Trek games over the weekend. All old ones... mainly because my computer isn't good enough to run the newer ones haha. But Armada II, Elite Force and Bridge Commander are excellent. All completely different as well! Armada is an RTS (like C&C) and good fun. Blasting Borg and such like from the universe is always fun when you have the Enterprise on your side! Elite Force is a create FPS set in the Voyage time line. Again, against the Borg. Great fun running around with Seven of Nine, shame it's not Geri Ryan doing her voice though. All the other characters are the original actors voices though. And finally Bridge Commander. You are a captain, you tell everyone what to do. Fantastic! I've just been given the USS Sovereign (first of the Sovereign Class) which is an awesome ship hehehe. All in all, damn good games!