Friday 30 November 2007

Of Admin and Busyness

This week I have been mostly... doing admin work. Sucks, but it's gotta be done I guess. Still, Andy has had some very good meetings about the virtual stuff we are doing which is great! As well as the Sports Centre to develop we now have some shops with dragable display stands and we have also been asked to think about building a hotel with around 360 rooms! So plenty of things for me to do! Quiet exciting really. While all similar stuff, creating it all should be good, if not damn confusing!

Also have some busy weeks coming up before the end of term. I have some more Teaching of Presentations to do. After my post about Death by PowerPoint I think I'm going to revamp the presentation I used to show how to give presentations. Also have some meetings coming up about Blogging and the virtual stuff. So really looking forward to the next couple of weeks.

Andy and I are also looking at putting together a paper for a conference next year on eLearning. We are looking at, and will probably go with, a paper on virtual reality as thats basically what we are doing. However we can fit the paper under several different areas. So hopefully we will get accepted to go to that!

On a personal note I've just ordered one of those palm-size helicopters that are all the rage (oh the sheep I am) and also two nerf handguns. Yase, NERF! It's still around. They even have a sniper rifle now! So with any luck, once I've payed through the nose for Customs I will be able to shoot people at work. In a non-lethal manner of course. While distracting them with a small helicopter. Ha, Joy!