Monday 25 February 2008

Of New Rooms and New Sites

Well today, and the rest of this week, I have been (and will be) creating new rooms for mySC. It's time to get it all linked up and ready to do. I'm tempted to create a whole new floor plan that's a little better than the current one. I'll have to see how much work that could be! Might not be worth it if it's going to take me a day to re-script the Flash side of it. Still, once we have rooms it's only a matter of filling them with the content that is every so slowly appearing. It's like watching a glacier move. You can't see it happening but when you take your eyes off it and look back, you can see the difference.

So over the next few weeks I'm hoping to almost get it wrapped up and push it out into a beta test with students! Now that I think about it, that's kinda scary. I mean it will basically be an internet application/game that I have created, on my own, being used by what is essentially "the public". Scary. Yet, it's also a good scary. That even if it doesn't go past the Beta, that's still a pretty good accomplishment. Would be great to have some feedback from students as well. Defiantly something to look forward to!

And on to the personal notes. Been looking at what phone to get next. Again. Last time I looked I got it down to either the SE K850i or the LG Viewty. However. SE have no brought out some new Cyber-Shot phones. Namely the C902. I think I might as well forget about the LG, the camera isn't supposed to be good. Where as the K850i sounds like a pretty solid phone, typical of SE. I love my current SE (K810i) so another SE is a good choice... I hope. But the C902 looks pretty wicked. Almost exactly what I want. Bloody good camera phone with a touch screen. Still a few more months before I can upgrade, so one can only hope.

Finally, I've been working on version 4 of WindFall Designs. I haven't blogged about this before, but WindFall is my ever so tiny venture into web design. I love doing it and it's what I would like to do as a career. It can be found at;

http://www.windfalldesigns.co.uk

Version 4 is looking much better than the current version 3 and it will have a lot more functionality as well. This being a CMS backend to manage it and a customer area... not that I have any at the moment. Anyone want a bespoke website and extremely completive prices? Email admin@windfalldesigns.co.uk NOW!

Another project I have started with a friend of mine, it was his idea... I sharn't take credit for it, is Another Bored Night (.I don't know the extension at the moment). Basically it's going to be a mash up website of places to go and things to do when you are bored. I'm currently designing the look of it, so keep your eyes peeled over the next couple of weeks. I really hope it takes off, should be some fun.

And so... comment on me post or go read another or bugger off and reading someone elses. Enjoy!