Wednesday 27 February 2008

Of Moving and New Bosses

For those readers who found this article looking for Ubuntu related things, please skip to the last paragraph. However, please read everything! You might enjoy readying about me bitch about my day!

Today I've found out that I am to move office. In some ways it's quite sad. I've grown accustom to being surrounded by archive boxes... kind of. I can hope that my new office will be slightly bigger, but that is really only a hope.

Not everything is peachy with this however. I have also found out that Andy is no longer my boss. I have a new one. I'll be honest, I'm pretty annoyed about this. I only have a few months left of my placement and so I feel that, really, what is the point? Again, I can only hope that it won't make my placement crap and have a completely pointless end to it. And again, this probably really is only a hope. I get the feeling that I will end up doing mostly admin work with the odd project thrown in because Andy has already bought my time. If it does turn out that they want me as an admin monkey, needless to say I will be going to my placement advisor and kicking up some good old fashioned shite.

Some of you may think that this is slightly immature and I have to accept that at some point all jobs have crap parts. While this is true. This isn't my "job" per say. This is work placement and I should be doing something (and this is a quote from our tutors) "relevant to the course". Correct me if I am wrong but making sure that unit handbooks are uploaded under the correct area doesn't exactly have much in common with, say, Java.

So my small collection of faithful readers, I am pissed off. I will find out tomorrow what is to be done.

On a side note, I seem to be getting a lot of hits from search strings to do with Ubuntu. Namely something along the lines of "whats better; gutsy gibbon or feisty fawn?" To answer this question, gibbon is the better. The latest build of Ubuntu is excellent and I highly recommend it. It really is a pleasure to see interest in Linux building.