Wednesday 13 February 2008

Of Reflection and Growth, Part Deux

I thought I'd take another look back and what I've done so far on my placement. I know for definite that my technical skills have grown a lot. I can do more in Flash than I could before placement. But I have also learned how to forge better people relations and how to work better with people. An odd statement... but something that I imagine will go well in the logbook!

I've said it before but doing the logbook in this blog formate has, in my opinion, helped with reviewing and reflecting on not only what I've done but also how I've changed.

I guess the point of placement is to give you an insight and experience in the work world. And this placement has certainly given me that. As I've said, working at the uni has forced me to interact with a lot people than I have had to in the past. Even working at somewhere like Tesco's isn't the same sort of interaction because here people are asking you to do things for them that are essential for them to do their job as well as the other way round for me asking people to do things. A Tesco manager asking you to restock a shelve isn't exactly essential, except for making sure he/she gets their bonus.

So my skills have improved across the board really. People skills and technical skills. And coffee drinking skills. Bloody important them. But seriously, most of my technical skills have increased. At least the important ones to me. Web related stuff for example.

Well, enough self analysing. It's getting depressing. Enjoy analysing me!