Wednesday 30 July 2008

Of Silence

Ladies and Gentlemen, it is a sad day. My Toshiba Tecra M4 laptop has died. Please hold a minute's silence for it.

Thank you.

As to what happened... well I'm not sure. Was working fine one day, not booting the next. I hit the power switch, get a second of HDD activity then nothing. I don't get the Toshiba boot screen or a POST, just a black screen. I've had it apart and checked all connections. Disconnected and reconnected the the RTC battery. Made sure the power connections are ok. But it seems to have died a strange and mysterious death.

I can't even find any info on the intertubes on the problem or how I might fix it. And I refuse to pay stupid prices to get it repaired, just doesn't seem worth it for a two year old laptop that's completely outdated really now.

So it's laptop hunting time! If I'm honest I have my eyes on a MacBook Pro, but we'll see what we can find! If there are any suggestions for mid range laptops then please let me know. Needs to be more than capable of handling web design software, image editing software and some gaming once in a while. HL2 level.

Mmm MacBook...