Monday 1 October 2007

Of Nerves and Bricks

Today was the first day of the uni term. It's amazing how busy the uni gets pretty much over night. Lots more staff and a hell of a lot more students.

This week also finally means inductions. That means demonstrating myBU to large groups of students. Joy. I sat in one that Andy did today and just sat at the front watching him do the induction made me fill my pants with bricks. I have to do my first one tomorrow and I just know I'm going to mess it up hahaha. But, I guess what's the worst that can happen? Andy will be there in case I do anything completely wrong. At the end of the day it's only going "This does this, this doesn't work, this is pants, this allows you to email every bugger in the university so don't press this button... crap... I hope everyone likes that blank email..."

I guess I'll be fine after my first one but it's getting over that first one... first. So handful of readers, wish me luck and pray with me that I don't destroy something in the process of making myself look like a complete idiot as I stammer over my words, shake like a leaf and generally feel like I'm losing my sanity out of my arse.

EDIT: Thought some people may find this amusing.