Friday 5 October 2007

Of Relief and Colours


Well I walked out of the last induction at 1.20pm today! No more to do! The last couple of groups were returning students and a bit moody. I think I caught a couple of people making comments about me. But maybe just my imagination and a little bit of nerves mixed in? The annoying thing is that it makes you even more nervous if you clock onto something like that!

I've also been playing around in Photoshop today. Stumbled across this tutorial and rather liked the result so I gave it a whirl. Then Andy asked me to start designing some headers for a couple of our websites and I asked if I could try coming up with some new logos for Bournemouth University. He said I could and that he would pass it on to the Marketing guys too! Anyways, you can see my result at the top of this blog post!

I really like it, captures a Web 2.0 feel as well. Anyways, the ideas around it are 6 tiles, one for each "school" that is within the University (Media and DEC (Design, Engineering and Computing) for example), each with their own colour. It also represents an arrow, giving it the feel of movement. But also, and this is marketing not me, it's an arrow pointing to you with BU on it, initials of the Uni but also.... "Be You" thing going on. *Sigh*. So, not just a rip of the tutorial, but a large rework that happened to be a wee bit similar. Naff reasoning I know, but that's the way it is none-the-less!

Comments on it welcome :)

Other than that, it's the end of the week! That means pub time!