Wednesday 3 October 2007

Of Problems and Unknown Solutions

Done loads of inductions today, and behold my calmness! Not gotten nervous at all today, I knew I wouldn't after the first one but as I said before, it's just getting over that initial fear. The first induction I did today though, completely by myself (go me... <_<) was for some first years and I've now had a small complaint that it was "too short". Well it can't be any longer than it takes to show the students what they need to know! I know that I covered anything and if the students don't know anything they should have asked questions and they didn't! It's not my problem if they don't listen. Besides, the guy that said it to me obviously doesn't realise that it was my first one to a group that size and if I did miss anything it was because of nerves and at the end of the day the students can work it out! When myBU came into use my course didn't get any sort of induction to it!

We are also starting to see cracks in the software. Teaching materials aren't displaying properly and the guys that look after myBU are blaming it on the teachers. It's possible yes, but it could also be myBU espically as the system is breaking anyways! Ah well... blame has always, and always will be, pushed around until it lands on someone unsuspecting!