Wednesday 17 October 2007

Of Swish and Script

Been completely forgetting to blog recently. Really bad of me as I'm using this as my log book for work placement! Ah well.... not much interesting has gone on recently!

So what's happened in the past week or so? Not much. More myBU problems, more admin work and not a lot else! So not had anything to blog about really. All interesting things have happened in the past couple of days.

First, Andy and I have set up a meeting with a HCI (Human Computer Inter(face/action)) teacher here at BU as she has a final year student working on multitouch displays. So hopefully we are all going to work together on that. The really cool thing with that though is that Linda Hole (the teacher) is actually meeting up with Microsoft at the end of the month about multitouch. So I may even get the chance to work with MS on this! So I'll defiantly blog about that after the meeting.

Other than that I've been working on the Virtual Sports Centre again. Starting to look pretty good now. The preloader was giving me problems until I decided to do it all a different way. Originally I wanted separate files that got loaded into one main one and have them all preload at the start. However, I couldn't get that to work so I'm doing it a different way which is to have the separate files load only when they are called. Which to be honest, is a better way of doing it as not every user is going to want every part of site. So they will only load what they need.

Just need to get hold of a few photos so that I can create the virtual environment now.